The sports brake is an upgrade of the brake size on the front and rear axles to the standard brake and significantly improves the braking effect under extreme conditions.
The attractive look of the brakes in M Performance Red fits perfectly with the vehicle’s extroverted design language and underlines its sportiness.
Thanks to a separate coding variant of the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), the safety-relevant stability system and all of the driver assistance systems that depend on it continue to function.
The design and stability of the brakes perfectly complement the sportiness of the vehicle.
The massive presence of the perforated sports brake discs comes into its own in combination with open rim designs.
The larger, internally ventilated and perforated BMW M compound brake discs compared to the series ensure improved thermal resilience and thus more braking effect under extreme conditions. With rapid acceleration and deceleration in frequent alternation, the braking performance (good response and thermal stability) is maintained for longer.
The 6-piston fixed calipers on the front axle and the 4-piston fixed calipers on the rear axle are made of aluminum and have a weight-optimized design. The weight-optimized, perforated compound brake discs are made of several parts from an aluminum pot with a floating gray cast iron friction ring.
Maximum integration: The M Sport brake fits perfectly into the installation space and has its own tuning of the control system. This ensures that the safety-relevant DSC and all of the driver assistance systems that depend on it function correctly.
The DSC coding must be adapted to the BMW M sports brake system for braking improvement.
The gold sports brake retrofit kit is only approved in conjunction with at least 19″ alloy wheels (also in winter).
Scope of delivery
- Front and rear brake calipers in M Performance (Gold)
- Brake pads front and rear axle
- Brake discs front axle and rear axle
- Brake mudguards front and rear axle
- Brake pad sensor front axle and rear axle
- Brake booster
Necessary assembly parts material
- Brake calipers: aluminum, painted in M Performance (Gold)
- Multi-part brake discs: aluminum pot with floating gray cast iron friction ring
- Brake Fenders: Aluminum
- 6-piston fixed caliper front axle
- 400 x 36 mm compound ceramic brake disc (ventilated, perforated) front axle
- 4-piston fixed caliper rear axle
- 380 x 28 mm compound ceramic brake disc (ventilated, perforated) rear axle
- F80 M3 Sedan
- F82 M4 Coupe
- F83 M4 Convertible